The William Penn Bank App is introducing a new, next generation digital solution that provides a seamless experience for you to use and manage your cards. With these new features, you benefit from greater control of your cards and enhanced visibility into your financial transactions, helping you make smarter spending decisions.
- Add an enrolled card to a digital wallet such as Apple Pay®.
- View one-time payments made to a card kept on file in the merchant’s database as well as automatic payments made from the card to merchants on a regular basis.
- Display the digital card information (full card number and details), needed to perform transactions without using a physical card.
- Turn cards on and off—when the card is off, no purchases or withdrawals are approved except for previously scheduled recurring payments.
- Enable controls to restrict card usage based on location, spend limit, merchant type, and transaction type.
- Establish alerts for each time the card is used based on specific desired alerts or when a transaction is attempted but declined.
- Call designated phone numbers to activate a card, report a card as lost or stolen, or set a PIN.
- Check transactions and account balances associated with cards that are enrolled. Transactions are enriched with recognizable merchant details for cardholders to seamlessly identify transactions.
- Get spend insight analytics to see what, when and where transactions are occurring.
- View suspicious activity with real-time alerts
What Should I Do to Get Ready?
1. If you haven’t already, download our mobile banking app, set up an account and login to become familiar with the app:
2. Turn on automatic app updates on your phone so you get the new features as soon as they are rolled out.
3. Enable push notifications in our mobile banking app so you know exactly what to expect and when.
What if I Use the CardValet App?
Access to the standalone app, CardValet, will no longer be available following this update. This only affects a small number of cardholders who do not have a mobile or online banking login. If you do not have this access, please ensure you obtain a mobile or online banking login to manage your cards. Contact us for assistance.
For any questions regarding the update, please call us at 800-845-3577 or email us at email@example.com.